Monday, May 15, 2017

Weekly Wrap-Up



I haven't done a weekly wrap up in awhile because honestly, I have just been so busy. We are getting ready to start our new school year tomorrow so this last week was their mini summer break. We are still schooling year round, so that it gives us the freedom to take more frequent breaks and allows us to have the flexibility to be able to travel back to our home town more often. I am looking forward to this school year because we are trying to have a little bit more stricter schedule. I think Edyn definitely needs that with her heavy high school load.

Edyn has decided that she might take some college courses, so we are trying to make sure that she has all of the credits that she will need. Gavin is in middle school, and he is going to be doing his main subjects along with typing, Earth Science, and continuing his study of American History.

We are trying to decide if we are going to start a co-op this year. In all of the years that I have homeschooled, we've never done one because I didn't want to be tied down. We have a great group called SHINE in our community and they offer some fun co-op classes for the kids. You do have to participate as a parent, but it doesn't seem to be anything crazy. Even if we decide that we don't want to do the co-op, I think we will still join the group so that we can have access to all of their activities. They have dances for the kids, including prom, and they also have a graduation ceremony for the Seniors. I think Edyn would love that.

We are also tossing around the idea of letting the kids take a music class. Gavin has mentioned wanting to play the guitar, and we have a great homeschool band group here. We are going to go to what they call the petting zoo, and try out different instruments. I think it will be a lot of fun!

Other than that, it's just been the normal everyday grind. We are trying to get into the homesteading groove (I have a post about that coming up), and get back to the basics of living. We have been keeping our garden up, and it's doing pretty good for our first year! I am definitely learning a lot so far. I only wish that I had a way to go back and ask my grandparents what the secret is to having such a beautiful bountiful garden! I will get there, it will just take time!

So, I will try to make more updates soon, and a lot more frequent. Is there a way to get more hours in the day??

Have a great week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment