Saturday, February 6, 2016

Weekly Wrap-Up A birthday and falafel



We had a pretty busy week this week. We started some new curriculum, and had a special birthday! This guy turned 35 this week. Gavin pointed out that he could officially run for President! Don't worry, America couldn't handle this guy lol!


AJ's birthday also falls on Groundhog's Day so we had fun with some Groundhog word puzzles. We read that the groundhog didn't see his shadow this year, so I guess winter is over. We live in Texas, winter never started!



We also started our new writing program this week, Here to Help Learning. I will be doing a review on it soon, so I'm not going to give too much away, but Gavin is really enjoying it! 


Gavin also received his Faith Builders Bible this week. It is the neatest bible for anyone who loves Legos! There are some really creative ways to use Legos to recreate bible stories! We are going to have a lot of fun with it.



Gavin has really been working on his money skills this week. I love that he likes to count money back to me. This is a skill that a lot of adults don't have! I am trying to teach him that if he is ever a cashier somewhere to please count the cash back to the customer. Don't just hand them the money and say, "You're change is _____." I like to have my change counted back to me, and that's a skill I definitely want them to have. 


 We are still working on our election study and hoping to finish up this week. I have to say that none of my kids are interested in politics, but they are enjoying this study. I am loving the fact that we can all do it together.



Last but not least we made the best falafel this week! It is one of my absolute favorite foods, and I've been wanting to try to make it. Edyn bought me a new food processor for Christmas, so it was time! It was so easy and good, so it will definitely be on our menu. We put it in wraps and it was a hit! I will try and do a recipe post for it soon. 



That's about it for this week. Tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday and we are having gumbo! Have a great week coming up. :)













2 comments:

  1. My son love his faith-builders Bible, also! We are about halfway through US Elections. Great, busy week!

    ReplyDelete