Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Beginner's Bible by Zonderkidz ~ A Homeschool Crew Review


I was really excited about my first review of the 2017 year! This book is something that I was already familiar with because I used it everyday when I taught Pre-K a few years ago. It was one of my favorite books to start off our mornings. The Beginner's Bible by Zonderkidz is a great way to really get younger kids into the Word everyday.

This is the second product by Zonderkidz that I have had the pleasure of reviewing. Last year I reviewed the Faith Builders Bible, and loved it. They did not fall short on The Beginner's Bible either. It is just as nice as the one we reviewed before.




If you've never heard of Zonderkidz let me tell you a little bit about them. Zonderkidz is the children's group for the Bible company Zondervan. They publish age-appropriate books, Bibles, gifts, and videos that focus on children 12 and under. They pride themselves in teaching young children to learn and love the Bible.

All about The Beginner's Bible ~



The Beginner's Bible has been a family favorite since it was released back in 1989 with over 25 million sold. It has recently been redesigned with easy to read text and bright and vibrant full color illustrations. The 3D artwork takes the illustrations to a whole new level, and really helps bring the Bible stories to life. The stories included are from both the Old Testament and the New Testament.

I also love the fact that there's a Table of Contents in the front of the book so that you can easily find any story you are looking for. When I would read these stories to my kids in Pre-K, I would choose a story that would go along with the letter that they were working on that week. For example, for the letter "D", we would study Daniel and the Lion's Den.


Along with the actual Bible itself there are games, an app, coloring pages, and downloadable resources that you can find online. There are also other products available including The Beginner's Bible for Little Ones which is a padded board book. It will be available in May of 2017. Other products available now are The Beginner's Bible Deluxe Edition that includes two audio CD's with narration, music, and sound effects. Also available now is The Beginner's Bible Collectors Edition.

How did we use The Beginner's Bible?

When I saw that this Bible was up for review, I immediately had my sweet grand baby in mind. My children are older, but honestly still enjoyed hearing the stories read from the Bible. The beautiful illustrations jumped out to her even though she's only 2. She loved all of the beautiful colors as I read the stories to her. We started at the beginning, which is about The Beginning. I love that this book tells the stories at a child's level. It makes it much easier for them to understand. By the time she's older, she will know and understand all of these wonderful stories in the Bible.




What did we think about The Beginner's Bible?

Of course we love this Bible, and I can't say enough good things about it. It's bright and colorful, and absolutely brings the Bible to life! Even though The Beginner's Bible by Zonderkidz is geared towards 6 and under, I think that older kids would still enjoy it. I hope that my grand baby enjoys this for years to come!



Be sure to follow along on Social Media!




If you would like to read other reviews, just click the banner below!

The Beginner's Bible {Zonderkidz}

Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment