Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy New Year! My word for 2017 is...


Happy New Year!! It's a time for new beginnings, so I wanted to let you know what my word for the year is. After having a word to focus on last year, I decided that I really wanted to start praying and see what word the Lord had in mind for me this year. The funny thing is that He had been stressing this word for me for some time so it really wasn't hard to decide. My word, thankful, has been on my mind for a few months, and it's something I have really been trying to be aware of.

The definition of thankful is "expressing gratitude and relief." I am going to admit that sometimes I have an issue with that, but only in certain aspects of my life. So, what I'm saying is that if someone was to give me a gift, I would be forever thankful and appreciative of it, no matter what it was. If someone was to do a nice thing for me, I would be thankful and appreciative of that also. My issue lies with the fact that I find myself complaining over the things that I should be thankful for. Things that I take for granted. I need to set my focus on the things that I do have, and that I am blessed with people who love me. I need to be more thankful for the things that God has blessed me with.

I think that I am causing pain and strife in my own life because I am forgetting to be thankful to God for everything He's done for us. I pray, I thank God for providing for my family, but I forget to be thankful in ALL things. Without God, who knows where we would be, and I honestly don't want to know. I need to stop complaining that I have a house that isn't perfect, but thankful that I have a house at all. I need to stop complaining that life is hard all of the time and be thankful that it's not worse. Little things like that.

God doesn't want me to be thankful for only a certain few things. He wants me to be thankful in ALL things. So along with my word, I'm going to really be standing on 1 Thessalonians 5:18.


I am going to try my hardest to be more intentional in being thankful for all of the things that God has done for me and my family. I will keep you posted on how it's going, and the changes that I'm sure I will see because of this!

Do you have a word that you will be focusing on this year? If so share it in the comments!

I hope you all have a wonderful and prosperous new year!

Homeschool Review Crew Reflecting on 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment