Saturday, March 5, 2016

Weekly Wrap - Up - Mila's First Birthday!

This past week was a great week, and we made lots of memories. My husband finally got the long awaited vacation week he deserves. Since he hasn't had a vacation since last JUNE, he was really looking forward to it. 

We started the vacation with a trip back to our hometown for our grandbaby's first birthday party! We live 300 miles away from her, so we were super excited to get back and love all over her. I would say that her party was a huge success! She ate cake, got lots of presents, and had the most fun a 1 year old could have at a birthday party!

The day after the party, it was a beautiful sunny day, but wasn't hot at all.  My husband's parents decided that we should go to the beach and have a picnic! It was the perfect day for it! We loaded up our cars and ice chests and headed to the beach. Now, the beaches in southeast Texas aren't crystal clear blue water with white sand. It's more like swamp water with brown sand, but it works. The sun was shining, and the kids were busy making sand castles. We had been there about an hour, and of course some weirdo shows up. There is literally maybe 10 other cars on the entire beach and he pulls up and parks right next to us. He was shady from the beginning and made us all nervous because he would just stare and not say a word. My husband and father in law flanked him on either side to take control of the situation. It was so aggravating that instead of enjoying our time at the beach, we had to be on weirdo watch. He would speak when spoken to, but other than that, he was silent. After a few times of his hands in and out of his pockets, he "accidentally" took a big wad of money out of one pocket, and then a few seconds later, he was playing with his little plastic baggies of drugs in the other pocket. My husband had had enough so we started to load up so that we could leave because this guy sure wasn't going anywhere. I was so angry that here we were just trying to have a good time, and this guy had to come ruin it. If he was normal, we would have just invited him to hang out with us, but because he was shady and brought his drugs to the party, that wasn't the case. Unfortunately this is the only pictures I got. 

Of course the time came when we had to come home. I cry every time because it is so hard to leave my daughter and my granddaughter. I always thought I would keep my grandbabies just like my grandparents kept me while my mom worked. Sadly that's not the case. 

When we got home, I did get to go buy a new washer and dryer. You know you're a mom when you get excited over appliances! 

We have a super busy week coming up, and we are going to be trying out some new curriculum! I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment