Sunday, April 9, 2017

Planner Love



At the end of last year, I was introduced to the world of planners. I mean I've always had a love of planning. There's something about getting a new planner at the beginning of the year to signify a fresh start. Blank pages to be filled with not only your appointments, but thoughts, memories, and even journal entries if you decide to.



I had no clue what world I was stepping into. Washi, stickers, clips, page flags, pins, and more! I was so excited when I learned that you could decorate these planners and make them something you love. It almost takes me back to my childhood when I had a totally awesome sticker book that I showed to anyone who wanted to see it. Planners aren't just for writing down appointments anymore. They become diaries and scrap books plus so much more. There are stickers for everything you can imagine. You can make your planner as gaudi and wild or as simple and sleek as you want.

Two of my planners.
There are so many planners out there, it can be hard to choose. Let me be the first to say, you don't need an expensive planner to join in on the fun. I got the Happy Planner from Michael's when they were on sale around Christmas. I think I paid $15 for a complete set that included the planner, some stickers, and a pen. Of course, I needed one for my purse, so I went back and got a small Recollections planner that is like a 3 ring notebook for my purse. Good excuse to have two right? I couldn't believe the different styles and layouts that planners have. I always thought it was just boxes thTat you wrote appointments in. No way! They have notebook styles that have smaller notebooks that go in them. It's a great way to organize your bills, journals, weddings, or even recipes.

There are plenty of accessories to go with them. I could spend hours in Michael's or Hobby Lobby picking fun things for my planners.  Don't even get me started on washi tape and stickers. I love them both SO. MUCH.
Only a small sample of my washi collection...yes I'm addicted!

So I decided to start a little space on my blog for planners or even paper crafts in general. Have you heard of pocket letters or flip books? I've been making those too. It's a great way to be creative, but also have somewhat of a pen pal.

On Sundays I'm going to be posting pics of my weekly layouts, and I would love to see yours too! You can also check them out on my Instagram! Check out the hashtag #beforethepen for all kinds of ideas. There are so many totally creative layouts, you will enjoy looking through them!

This week's #beforethepen ~Easter Fun






No comments:

Post a Comment