Monday, December 5, 2016

The Magnolia Story ~ What I've Been Reading


Chip and Joanna Gaines are super stars when it comes to house flipping, and I have watched their show Fixer Upper on HGTV from the beginning. When I heard that they were writing a book, I knew I had to run out and buy it!


I love this couple so much. Chip is hilarious and witty, but Joanna Gaines has a way of becoming an inspiration and friend to people she doesn't even know. I love how the book is written, almost as if we are sitting around having a cup of coffee with them. When I picked up the book, I honestly thought it was just going to be the average story of when two people fell in love, but it was so much more.

First, this book made me laugh more than anything. I don't know how many times I had to run and read a page or 2 to my husband because the story was just something that had to be shared. There were also some serious moments and testaments of faith that the couple shared. The way God works in their lives is amazing. Their faith and love for God shows throughout the book, and God has always had a hand in everything they've worked for.

I would definitely recommend reading this book whether you follow them or not. It is every bit as good as their show, and it showcases their personalities perfectly. It also has a few pages of pictures that I really enjoyed seeing too. All in all I give this book 5 stars, and I just may have to read it again!



No comments:

Post a Comment