Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016


Well another Turkey Day is down for the books. It was a busy week this week with grocery shopping, school, and cooking. We cooked for 3 days and it took us about 15 minutes to eat. The funny thing is this year, we stayed home so it was only the 5 of us, but I cooked enough food for 40 people. Needless to say, I went overboard, but I promised them a Thanksgiving feast, and that's what they got. I don't know if I will ever learn to cook for a small group of people. I've always cooked for a crowd, and I like it that way.

We had smoked turkey, ham, cornbread dressing, green bean casserole, cream corn, spinach and artichoke dip, sweet potato casserole, and homemade rolls. Don't get me started on the desserts. Oreo in a bowl, my granny's famous applesauce pie, chocolate cream pie, and gluten free cake for Gavin. I really think I have enough for 3 more dinners. I have to say we are blessed to have that much food. I just wish we had someone to share it with.

Holidays are always bittersweet for me because I love big family functions. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my people that live here, but it's always fun to see extended family too. It just doesn't work out that we can all be together because everyone has such busy lives, and other people to see. I'm very blessed to have spent the day with my hubby and 3 of my 4 kids, but I was definitely missing Baylie and Mila. Hopefully one day, we can make holidays big family functions again. I woud love that.

So, I just wanted to write a quick post to say that I'm thankful for Jesus, my husband, and my kids...among many other things. I am so happy that I was able to spend this time with the people I love.

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well.

Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment