Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Glass Castle by Trisha White Priebe and Jerry B. Jenkins from Shiloh Run Press ~ A Schoolhouse Crew Review



Edyn only loves to read if a book interests her. It has to grab her from the start for her to even pick it up again. She recently read The Glass Castle by Trisha White Priebe and Jerry B. Jenkins from Shiloh Run Press and she absolutely loved it! In fact, I am going to let her tell me all about it for this review. From what she's told me so far, it looks to be like a book that I will be picking up next!

You might be familiar with the name Jerry B. Jenkins if you've ever read the Left Behind series. He has written over 180 books including mysteries, historical fiction, biblical fiction, cop thrillers, international spy thrillers, children's adventures and some non fiction as well. Edyn says that he did not disappoint with this one!

The Glass Castle is a 256 page hard cover book with a beautifully done cover. Just the picture on the front grabs you and pulls you in. It's marketed as a Christian book and targets ages 10 to 15, but I think this could be read by all ages! It has 41 chapters that are on the shorter side, which is perfect for Edyn. If you click on the link here you can read the first 5 chapters for free! One great thing about The Glass Castle is that it's the first book in a series! I LOVE book series! In October 2016 the next book in the series, The Ruby Moon, is due for release!

So on to the star of the show!



Edyn tell me what The Glass Castle is about:

(I don't want to give too much away since you just started it mom.) Avery is the main character who is 13 years old. She and her brother are in the woods and kidnapped by an old woman. Avery is separated from her brother and is forced to live in a castle with other kids that are the same age. The kids that live there run the castle, and even have their own court system. There is mystery and suspense around every corner as Avery tries to find her brother and escape.

What did you like about the book Edyn?

I loved the mystery of it. When I read a book I love for it to have twists and turns, and this book definitely had a lot of both. I love the fact that it's a Christian book and I can even learn from it.

Who would you recommend this book to?

Anyone who loves a good mystery and suspense novel!



What did I think of the book?

Well that is to be determined. I can't wait to dive into this book because any book that holds Edyn's attention is definitely one I want to read. I as a parent of course also love that it's considered Christian genre. I really wanted to do this book as a read aloud, but she took it and started reading immediately. I may still do it as a read aloud so that we can all discuss it together. I think my 11 year old will also really enjoy this book! Run over and grab your copy of The Glass Castle today!

Be sure to follow them on social media!


Shiloh Run Press was generous and let 90 of us review this awesome book! If you would like to read other reviews, just click the banner below!

The Glass Castle {Shiloh Run Press Review}



Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment