Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Thin Stix Creativity Pack by The Pencil Grip, Inc. ~ A Homeschool Crew Review


I always get excited to be able to review any kind of art products, but these are some of my favorites. This time around, we were able to review the Thin Stix Creativity Pack by The Pencil Grip, Inc. and we love them! We have reviewed these a couple of times before, and they never get old!



What did we receive?

Like I said before, this time around we got whats called the Creativity Pack which is 24 of the Thin Stix! It has all of the colors including:

  • 12 Assorted Colors 
  • 6 Neon Colors
  • 6 Metalix Colors
What are Thin Stix?

If I were to describe Thin Stix to someone I would say it's a combination of a marker, a twistable crayon, and tempura paint. They are some of the neatest art tools that I have ever seen. They actually are a tempura paint, but there is NO water needed, AND they dry in 90 seconds! An art tool that is mess free? That's almost unheard of! 

Another thing that I love about using Thin Stix is that you can use them on almost anything! We have used them on canvas, wood, paper, card stock, and even aluminum foil! You can see that review and project here

How did we use them this time around?

Well with it being fall I really wanted to do something with pumpkins. I actually thought of buying pumpkins and letting the kids decorate them with their Thin Stix, and it would have worked beautifully, but at the end of the day I know my kids. They would have "painted" or Thin Stixed that pumpkin until there was no Thin Stix left lol! I decided that we better just stick to some good old card stock.

So we grabbed some card stock and our Thin Stix and went to town! I decided that we would have a quick lesson on gradient, so that's how I had them color their pumpkins.

First I had them draw a pumpkin using a pencil. I told them it could be tall and skinny, short and fat, or somewhere in between it didn't matter. 

Next they started coloring them in. They used yellow for the top, and then transitioned to orange, and then finally red. 




After they finished coloring in the pumpkin, they drew curved lines so that it took on a 3D effect.


I let them color the sky and grass however they wanted. 



This was their final pictures!

This was a super quick and easy project that they loved doing. As you can see from their pictures, Thin Stix do not lack in color at all! They are so vibrant and will make any project pop. Doing a project like this with Thin Stix works well because you have to kind of layer the colors. The fact that they dry in 90 seconds makes it extremely easy. They dry completely too! 

I have read that you can even add a little water to them after you color/paint with them, and it will give you a water color effect! We will be trying that very soon!

I highly recommend the Thin Stix Creativity Pack by The Pencil Grip, Inc. for not only homeschool activities, but they would also be great in schools, daycares, churches, or anywhere you want to have mess free art! With Christmas coming up, they would also make wonderful and affordable gifts. The ideas with them are limitless!


Be sure to follow along on Social Media!


If you would like to read other reviews, just click the banner below.

Thin Stix Creativity Pack {The Pencil Grip, Inc. Reviews}


Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment