Monday, February 1, 2016

Bible Verse - Week 19 Proverbs 17:22 {{with link-up}}



Happy February 1st. It's been exactly one month since the new year started. I hope everyone is having a good year so far.  Along with our weekly bible verse, I wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing with their one word for 2016. If you remember, my word is JOY. I am still waking up to my alarm with "TODAY, CHOOSE JOY!!" in my face as my friendly reminder. I have had some mornings where that just wasn't what I was in the mood to do. I have had some afternoons that weren't going as planned or when I was sick away from home. (I had a very hard time choosing joy at that point and time, I'm not going to lie.)  I have to say though that even when I wake up on the wrong side of the bed, that alarm, and the fact that I want to make the effort everyday to choose joy has changed my attitude already.  I try to remember it in all aspects of my life, whether it's with my husband, my kids, or that lady at Whataburger that really needed an extra day at Whataburger University. She made me lose my joy, but ONLY for a second rather than ruining my entire day. Hey, I'm not perfect.  I try to remember that even on the days that I struggle, that God is my strength. He can turn my bitterness into happiness. He can take the days that seem really too hard to manage, and remind me that my joy is in Him!! I am so grateful for a loving God that really cares about my happiness. I hope to continue on my journey this year in changing my attitude and finding my joy. How are you doing with your word this year?

On to this week's bible verse. I really wanted to stick with the joy theme and this verse really just about jumped off the page to me. I know for a fact that I feel better when my heart is joyful! When I'm down and depressed, I even feel bad physically. So, another great reason to choose joy!!

                                                 

Proverbs 17:22


A joyful heart is good medicine,

    but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.




I  hope you all have a wonderful week this week!

Do you have a verse that you're working with this week in your homeschool or one that's on your heart?  If so, please feel free to join our weekly linkup.  We only have a few small rules for you:


Follow your hosts!


                                                          ABC's and Sweet Tea
>
Counting Pinecones

No comments:

Post a Comment