Sunday, January 24, 2016

Weekly Wrap-Up...Getting back on Schedule



This was a week that I was so happy to get back to. After our last couple of weeks full of crazies and stomach bugs, I was very excited to finally see Monday of this week. We got back to a schedule this week, and that makes me ecstatic. My kids actually crave a schedule. They want to get up, have breakfast, and then have their day completely lined out for them. We haven't been on a schedule since before the holidays. I'm really trying to get the kids, well all of us honestly, completely organized again. We were for a while, but then...life. It unraveled very quick with the trips we were taking back home and then the holidays.

I started the week off by making them schedules again. Since I've been blessed with being on the Review Crew this year, I have added some things and taken away. I made a rough draft of their schedules for this week, but they will be changing quite often with the additions of more reviews I get.

We are also utilizing SchoohouseTeachers.com monthly printable course list. The kids like to check off what they've done for the week. Gavin's looks a little messy, but he knows what's going on, and I guess that's what matters lol!


We are super excited about what we have coming up!  We have started working on our study of the elections. We will be having a review coming up on this product, and we absolutely are loving it so far!



Edyn has been BEGGING for a fish. We decided that she could have one, so we headed out to Petco. She decided on a Betta fish because they are easy to take care of and beautiful. I was so proud of her because she did tons of research before she got it. I had no clue there were so many different kinds of Bettas. She got a male Delta tail, and she named him Picasso. It really fits him too with his beautiful colors. She found out that he is very photogenic too!







After getting back on schedule this week, we had an impromptu family game night. We normally do game nights on the weekend, but my hubby came home and wanted to try the new game the kids got at our family Christmas. It's called Wits and Wagers, and let me tell you, it's our new favorite game.
There are 5 personal dry erase boards. You can play singles or in teams. Someone asks a question like, "How many hot dogs does an average person eat in a year?", and you write down your answer whether it's a guess or you actually know it. After everyone has their answer written down, you place your cards down smallest number to largest. Then, everyone votes on the answer that they think is correct.  You get 2 votes, one that's worth 2 points and one that's worth 1 point. You can put them all on the same answer or split them up. The person or persons that come closest to the correct answer without going over gets the points. We have never laughed so hard on a game night. We had so much fun that we played 2 nights in a row!



So, I have to brag on Gavin a little bit. He decided that he wants to get fit, and exercise everyday. He's been going outside while I'm preparing his lunch, and also after school. He runs up and down our backyard, jumps around, and plays football with his siblings and dad. He's also trying to eat better. I love that he's wanting to do this himself!


We went out yesterday because my husband had to run to work to get an order together. We went to the library because we haven't been in months...I love the library. It's one of my happy places.  We got our bags full of books and even some movies, and headed to Michael's Craft Store. I went for the yarn sale, but couldn't find anything I liked. As I was walking to the yarn section the most awesome craft bag jumped out and screamed "BUY ME!!!" No, seriously it jumped in my basket. I was so excited because I have been wanting one for so long to organize all of our homeschool stuff like pens, pencils, scissors, markers, etc. It has all kinds of pockets and zipper and places to just stick stuff but still keep it organized. The best part about it was that it was regularly $30 and I got it for $15.  I love seeing that 50% off tag!! Here's an ok picture of it. I will take another good pic after I get it full!



Last but not least, here's a picture of us driving all around yesterday, and still not one snowflake here in Texas. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment